- By law we cannot sell tobacco to anyone under the age of 18 years.
- Cigars.co.za will not be held liable for any purchases made by underage customers who have given incorrect information.
Danger: Tobacco is addictive
The website allows a person (“user”) to place electronic orders ("order") for one or more products on offer as long as such products are available and not sold out.
A purchasing contract ("sale") between the user and Cigars.co.za shall be complete only once a user has placed an order and the payment has been processed fully, meaning Cigars.co.za has received and accepted the payment.
If payment fails due to the account not existing, insufficient funds, the credit card number or other information being incorrect etc. the purchase will not be successful. The above is dependent on the product being available.
i-PAY (instant EFT)
- Fast, Easy and Safe (http://instanteft.i-pay.co.za/)
- Accepts following banks:
- Capitec Bank
- Standard Bank
Virtual Card Services
- AMERICAN EXPRESS
Paypal (Only for International)
- Paypal may only be used for trasactions out of South Africa
Pay in Store (Fourways - Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Please select this if you prefer to personally pickup your order
- We will then e-mail you where to pick up and payment can be processed via card or cash
If you have any issues with payment, please contact us on +2771 351 8820
Products cannot be reserved by a user to be bought at a later time. Placing an item in your cart without processing the payment for the order will not lead to a successful order being placed nor the reservation of (an) item(s).
Please note that the stock of all items on offer is limited. Cigars.co.za will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that product sales are brought to an end when stock runs out.
If it happens that Cigars.co.za is unable to fulfil any order at the advertised price because stock is sold out or unavailable, Cigars.co.za will let you know and you'll be entitled to a reimbursement for the rand value you have paid for such product.
Termination of Suspected Fraudulent Orders
Cigars.co.za reserves the right to cancel or refuse to fulfil any order that it suspects of being fraudulent. This includes but is not limited to instances of suspected stolen credit cards and abuse of referral programme incentives.
On occasion, a Client Concierge may request a copy of your official identification document or the front of your credit card to verify the transaction with the relevant bank. Cigars.co.za may cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner (usually within 24 hours).
In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on Cigars.co.za, cardholders will be advised to initiate a chargeback via their bank in order to be refunded. Cigars.co.za does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
Products and Shipping
Products will be shipped as per the stated shipping times of the particular product ordered (see the “Shipping & Returns” tab on each product page). In this case that items in your cart were purchased from different events and different suppliers, shipping times will be as per the item in your cart with the longest estimated delivery time.
Please see our Shipping & Returns policy
Returns and Refunds:
Defective Items, Returns and Reimbursement
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase due to a defect, incorrect product received or other reason, you may return it to Cigars.co.za within 7 days of delivery.
You will either receive a refund, or a credit on your account, or have the product replaced, depending on the situation.
Before an order is dispatched, customers are eligible to cancel their order at no charge to them.
You are allowed to cancel your order within 3 days of being placed if the order has not already been dispatched.
Once an order has been dispatched, the shipping and handling fee (If applicable) will not be refunded. You may cancel your purchase by contacting email@example.com or calling 071 351 8820.
Cancellations requested after items have been dispatched and have been delivered, will be treated as a return. From the date of delivery you have 7 working days to return eligible items in your order for exchange or refund with no re-stocking fee. After this 7 working day period Cigars.co.za reserves the right to refuse a return or exchange.
Refunds are offered in the original method of payment or into your account on Cigars.co.za. Refunds take 1- 5 working days to process. EFT and credit card refunds will take 2-3 working days to reflect in your account due to the reflection delay between banks.
Returns and Exchanges
Please see our Shipping & Returns policy or Exchange Policy for more information on returns and refunds.
Cigars.co.za has 3 return/exchange policies:
- Final sale products are not eligible for return or exchange, therefore no refunds will be processed for these products unless the product is damaged/incorrect.
- Exchange-only products may only be replaced with a different product from any open event. If we are unable to provide you with the desired item we will process a refund to your Cigars.co.za account.
- Products eligible for return or exchange may be refunded into your original method of payment or to your Cigars.co.za account.
Please note that shipping fees are not refundable.
Use of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. 'Deep-linking', 'embedding' or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called "Providers", assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
We reserve the right to:
1. modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
2. change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
3. We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
Cigars.co.za reserves the right to limit or discontinue the functionality of the site. While we strive to be online continuously, we cannot exclude cases in which the webpage may be unavailable. In rare cases this may cause data loss.
Cigars.co.za cannot be held liable for cross-browser incompatibilities that cause checkout or payment failures. We recommend that you browse with Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
Cigars.co.za retain all copyright and other rights to services, as well as listings, information, images, videos, and databases (the "Property Protection"). A modification, reproduction, publication, disclosure to third parties and/or exploitation of the protected property without the prior written consent is expressly prohibited by Cigars.co.za.
The Protection of Data
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
Changes in General Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.